I am searching for Track engineers at various levels to undertake the technical support to the Programme Manager, Project / Construction Manager, Lead Senior Engineer and Senior Engineer for the planning and delivery of track renewals ensuring technical aspects of all works comply with relevant Network Rail Group and Line Standards and safety legislation.
It will be your position to lead the teams and work very closely with the project/construction managers ensuring effective delivery.
As the Senior Track Engineer, you must be able to carry out surveying and setting out duties using traditional and modern equipment, including total stations technology. Must be able to lead and direct work and provide guidance and supervision to less experienced technical staff. You will also be expected to carry out control of excavation and construction of track duties using traditional and modern equipment, including 3-D and total stations technology.
- Undertake the technical support to the programme manager, lead senior engineer and senior engineer
- Monitor the technical compliance
- Undertake the technical aspects of works in compliance with contractual specification and network rail group line standards
- Assist with the whiteboard meetings
- Do the planning of track renewals
- Undertake the survey, planning and programming works
- Prepare bar charts, time chainage charts, lifting plans
- Good knowledge of track renewals disciplines
- Good health and safety line standards
- In depth knowledge of track renewals
- HNC in an Engineering discipline or working towards.
- Competencies as specified in the appropriate Core Competence profile
- Good communication and man management skills.
- Able to drive or willing to learn.
- PTS and COSS