Support the deployment of maintenance process technology standardization and innovation. Collaboration with Engineering and Fleet Depots to facilitate world class service maintenance processes. Support core production KPIs in the areas of Quality Cost Resourcing and Occupational HSE.
What are my responsibilities?
- Actively support the development, deployment and maintenance of maintenance processes and equipment/tooling to provide Fleet Service Operations with a sound foundation for Quality, Cost, Resourcing, Ergonomic and Occupational Health & Safety Environment incl. all Human Factor aspects.
- Active role in the innovation, standardization, planning and evaluation of maintenance process technologies across all Depots with particular focus on process variation minimization and optimized process capability and repeatability. Design out risk of Human Factor errors.
- Active support of Depot Production Leaders to ensure that production teams operate at optimum efficiency and performance, whilst embracing 5S and Q, H&SE.
- Support quality assurance related Design for Maintenance (DFM) and Process FMECA best practice and deployment through collaboration with both Engineering and Fleet Service Operation teams.
- Support/drive local Depot specific measures for the improvement of Productivity/LEAN (3i, CIP, 5S, 8D). Actively develop depot specific KPIs so as to promote a world class maintenance function whilst incorporating best practice and process from other sites.
- Drive the standardization of maintenance process work instructions and documentation and signatory authority of maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) embedded within both VMI's and COI's including definition of Standard Times and 1st line response to process related SRD's and TQ's.
- Adherence to employment laws, company rules and regulations (work safety, working times, information security, 5S) and ensure that all elements of Occupational Health and Safety (OHSE) are both supported and cascaded.
- Financial justification of any capital investment projects.
- Adherence to all latest legislation and internal Siemens Guidelines in all planned activities.
- Support of all Customer interactions and requirements as and when required.
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (PMP/4 Success objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.).
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team.
- Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and Tell Us ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- This role profile may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs. Your annual objective setting with your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial year.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Experienced in a maintenance process engineering role.
- Competent /experienced in at least 1 Product testing / manufacturing discipline / process.
- Knowledge of the latest relevant Health & Safety legislation / environmental requirements and the ability to support / perform improvement initiatives using LEAN, CIP and 8D.
- Basic knowledge of core KPI affected by 1st line processes and WIP.
- Knowledge / Awareness of Human Behavioural studies and methods.
- Basic Knowledge of Planning tools (e.g. SAP), Project Management and associated tools, Development processes (PLM), Mechanical and visual inspection automation and Rolling Stock Maintenance technology.
- Experience of the Siemens Desiro / Desiro City platform. Advanced knowledge of Manufacturing processes, Manufacturing product testing technology, Design for manufacturing/maintenance, Fixturing and jigs, Regulations, Standards and directives, Lean, 5S, 8D, Six Sigma, Process FMEA, Ergonomic Work Place Design, CIP (Continuous Improvement Programmes and methods)Previous experience of leading technical teams.
- Knowledge / experience of a Siemens Production System or equivalent.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Similar Job Searches
- Maintenance Process Engineer
- Maintenance Process Engineer in Ashby de la Zouch
- Maintenance Process Engineer in Leicestershire
- Maintenance Process Engineer in East Midlands
- Maintenance Process Engineer in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Ashby de la Zouch
- All jobs in Leicestershire
- All jobs in East Midlands
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Rolling Stock
- Project Manager
- Design Manager
- Project Engineer
- Systems Engineer