The purpose of this role is to ensure the Trackwork Assets on the Edinburgh Tram Network are inspected, measured, maintained and renewed (where required) in accordance with the specifications detailed in the applicable Trackwork Manuals and industry standards. The role requires you to assist with the planning and delivery of associated work and resources. You will also be required to undertake specific Trackwork inspections and measurements.
This role will require you to carry out work safely in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures. You will undertake specific inspections; prepare work, resource specification and method statements, working in accordance with safe systems of work plans. You will assist in the identification and proposal of any asset renewal work within the Edinburgh Tram Network along with the allocation of resources to carry out the works. You will deliver any works in accordance with the relevant maintenance plans as well as checking the quality of the work delivered and confirming assets are compliant to according to the applicable standards. You will use your knowledge and experience to provide accurate and detailed information in order to update systems, databases and records.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for ensuring that all Trackwork assets on the Edinburgh tram network are maintained safely in accordance with applicable technical and safety standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the Trackwork activities detailed in the Track Maintenance handbook are implemented for the Edinburgh Tram Network
- Managing and checking the quality of work delivered and confirming assets are compliant to applicable standards.
- Responsible for working with the Logistics and Performance Manager to ensure all track maintenance works are planned and undertaken within timescales detailed in the track maintenance handbook.
- Responsible for liaison with the E&M Manager to ensure track works are resourced with competent technicians
- Responsible for analysis and interpretation of track measurement data
- Responsible for recommending and implementing corrective action identified from the analysis of track measurement data
- Arranging with specialist contractors suitably qualified resource when required and the checking of applicable method statements, risk assessments and plans.
- Responsible for undertaking detailed inspection of the track and associated assets in accordance with the track maintenance handbook.
- Continuously assessing the competence of technicians in Trackwork skills
- Mentoring and development of staff in Trackwork skills
- Early identification of Trackwork assets that will require renewal
- Act as liaison with the customer for out of course events as required
- Provide guidance for team members on technical and operational issues
- Liaison with Operational control where necessary
What experience is required for the role?
- Minimum of Degree level qualification in Civil or Trackwork Engineering. Chartered status preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of Trackwork maintenance processes, systems and standards.
- Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to coach, influence and develop others.
- Hold and retain the competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Similar Job Searches
- Track Maintenance Manager
- Track Maintenance Manager in Edinburgh
- Track Maintenance Manager in City of Edinburgh
- Track Maintenance Manager in Scotland
- Track Maintenance Manager in Scotland, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Edinburgh
- All jobs in City of Edinburgh
- All jobs in Scotland
- All jobs in Scotland, United Kingdom
- Safety Manager