A leading consultancy are recruiting for Procurement Consultants to work on Transport, Utilities and Power programmes across the Midlands.
Your role as Procurement Consultant will be to assist the project teams within the department, advising and delivering contract and procurement services both pre and post contract stages.
As Procurement Consultant your role and responsibilities will include:
• Effectively manage debriefing of suppliers liaising with legal advisers where necessary
• Experienced in leading significant procurement projects and planning for contractual transitions. Support the development of complex specifications and be able to support and lead procurement projects including leading tender evaluation of complex requirements.
• Understand the role of contract management and work closely with customers to manage contracts and ensure delivery of value for money.
• Understand when and how to negotiate and have good experience of successfully conducting negotiations.
• Understand issues and benefits of collaboration, and be able to lead detailed submissions to senior stake holders on the progress of the procurement programme.
• The incumbent post holder will be required to lead and instruct a range of stake holders and senior staff from suppliers.
• He/she will demonstrate authority, drive and strong commitment to the programme, a strong understanding of entry and exit requirements, and solid time and task management, with an ability to ensure that dependencies are appraised and contributing to those requirements effectively.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• +5 years of relevant procurement experience
• A recognised university degree (not essential)
• Membership in relevant professional organisations/Or working towards
• Civil engineering and Rail experience would be advantageous.
• An ability to demonstrate varying forms of contract and knowledge is required, particularly within OJEU procurement.
• Solid experience and understanding of the full end-to-end strategic procurement process, including sourcing and tendering, exit and entry strategies, and supplier management and negotiation.
• He/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, provide pragmatic solutions for consideration within sourcing and transition strategies.
• Proven track record in the delivery of complex procurement projects particularly using competitive dialogue and/or the negotiated procedure, including experience in undertaking procurement transformation projects.
• Strong procurement strategy development skills.
An ability to translate delivery and organisational requirements into clear contractual terms and specifications.
• Experience at operating within complex stake holder environments with demonstrated procurement credibility.
• Demonstrates ability in the compilation, negotiation and ongoing management of contracts.
• Strong analytical and investigative skills.
• Strong interpersonal & stake holder management skills.
• Ability to lead teams and to influence at many levels both internally and externally, including excellent report writing and other written skills.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Willingness to travel both through the UK and Internationally.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Similar Job Searches
- Procurement Consultant Infrastructure Projects
- Procurement Consultant Infrastructure Projects in Birmingham
- Procurement Consultant Infrastructure Projects in West Midlands
- Procurement Consultant Infrastructure Projects in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Birmingham
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Civil Engineer
- Track Work
- Rail Track
- Rail Consultant