- Responsible for the safe delivery of a project, or sub section of a major project, to the as sold specification meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget delivering the maximum margin, whilst ensuring that the Company Management System is applied throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be a Safety Leader for the particular Project.
- Implement effective Safety and Environmental management of the project ensuring that each of the project delivery function has systems in place to cover its safety requirements. The Project Manager shall ensure that regular audits are undertaken to ensure that the systems are in use and are effective.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Client throughout the project lifecycle.
- Act as the point of commercial contact within Siemens Rail Automation between the Project Team and the Client.
- Interface with the Commercial Team during the mobilisation phase of the project to help the development of project specific execution strategies.
- Interface with the Regional Engineering Manager to define Work Packages and mobilise the necessary resources required for the execution of the project. Thereafter the Project Manager shall monitor the Work Packages against the project plan and shall allocate Non-Engineering Work Packages to relevant Work Package Managers, as required.
- Prepare and maintain throughout the project as a live document the Project Management Plan.
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Monitor progress against the project programme and budget, identifying and mitigating diverse trends through effective corrective management action.
- Monitor and report project progress and status throughout the project lifecycle ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared as required.
- Accountability for Commercial Management of both Head Contract and Subcontracts.
- Responsible for managing the Contractual Scope of Supply throughout the Project Lifecycle through the implementation of the Change Management Process and the approval of any changes to scope, base lined programmes and budgets.
- Accountable for commercial and contractual correspondence as well as commercial input into the project review process, including identification and reporting of risks, liabilities and opportunities.
- Champion and participate in continuous improvement through proactive sponsorship of all lean initiatives.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Likely to be degree/HND qualified with an appreciation of project management.
- Ability to anticipate problems and to take mitigating actions in advance of the problem being realised.
- Ability to identify, integrate and manage the project stakeholders.
- Operational flexibility.
- Ability to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to manage within an environment of constant change.
- Ability to manage the client and to keep them satisfied.
- Ability to influence and lead other functions not necessary with their direct management line.
- Financial Control: outline understanding of managing expenditure and control of budgets within a project environment.
- Commercial management: Shall have an outline understanding of managing project delivery compliance.
- This role is ideal for someone wanting to develop into a project manager or further develop their project management skills. Some appreciation of the business and the signalling industry is required as a knowledge base upon which to build.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Similar Job Searches
- Project Manager
- Project Manager in Chippenham
- Project Manager in Wiltshire
- Project Manager in South West
- Project Manager in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Chippenham
- All jobs in Wiltshire
- All jobs in South West
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Commercial Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Scheme Project Manager
- Safety Manager