Project Procurement Manager (ECML) for Rail Electrification supporting project procurement activies including bid and tendering support:
This role will be based in either our York or Doncaster offices with a requirement to travel initially to Coventy in addition to other RE offices. Flexibilty will be key to success in this role.
What are my responsiblities?
- Early Involvement for bids and tendering activity
- Participate in project meetings as project core team member to exert a shaping influence at an early stage and to optimise internal workflows and processes, both compliant with both the REAL Alliance and Siemens procurement policies.
- Project Procurement standards and compliance- aligned to both the Siemens and the REAL Alliance policies.
- Implement procurement processes and controls into the project and informing all involved in Procurement to deliver optimum impact of cost-optimisation potential (Procurement plan, target-costing) and other Procurement targets and to meet requirements relating to deadlines and quality.
- Apply Procurement regulations as per Compliance and organization standards.
- Strategy definition and implementation
- Working with the Alliance Procurement team derive Procurement strategies within the project ensuring their implementation (in particular pooling or utilization of master contracts), as well as identify solution approaches and integrate diverse objectives to achieve the project and the strategic Procurement targets
- Analyse scope of supply and contract agreements within Siemens project scope, carry out risk analyses and introduce negotiation recommendations together with Siemens Commodity Management (where required) to prepare for negotiations with suppliers (back-to-back where appropriate) and to initiate appropriate measures.
- Negotiation and contract drafting
- Representing Siemens within the Alliance, head up contractual and price negotiations and/or support the project buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by any Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimum conditions. Utilise suitable contract templates which meet the requirements of both Siemens and the REAL Alliance, ensuring compliance with signature protocol.
- Supplier Management
- Provide supplier information to the project and conduct project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations).
- Risk and opportunity management
- Identify particular Procurement risks, opportunities and market forces during the project together with the Commodity Management to avoid potential damage / exploit potential opportunities through tailored risk and claim management (e.g. contractual framework
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- It is essential that candidate has proven strategic Procurement experience and will be qualified to CIPS level or equivalent.
- Experience in managing a virtual team of internal cross-functional partners.
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to collaborate internally and with external customers.
- Experience of working with Cross functional teams in a Bid & Project Management environment.
- Ideally intermediate knowledge of: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & SAP experience.
- Knowledge of purchase to pay systems is desirable but not essential.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Similar Job Searches
- Project Procurement Manager
- Project Procurement Manager in United Kingdom
- All jobs in United Kingdom
- Project Manager
- Major Project
- Contracts Manager
- Scheme Project Manager
- Project Manager Rail
- Bid Manager
- Risk Manager
- Rail Project Manager
- Project Controls Manager
- Contract Manager