As part of the Rail Electrification Business, the Senior Project Manager has the responsibility for the delivery of complex, high value and / or a portfolio of Distribution projects on behalf of Siemens. The Senior Project Manager leads the delivery of projects with responsibility the aim of completing them safely, on schedule, to budget, to the required standard, achieving the required quality and attaining the customer's satisfaction.
- Takes responsibility for safe and profitable delivery of multi-disciplinary packages of works either on a singular or portfolio basis.
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, installation, test & commission into service, and handover of railway E&P, OLE, power, traction power and services contracts, including associated works.
- Is responsible for managing the build up of target costs including internal approvals.
- As part of developing target cost will identify to the customer the companys technical and commercial benefits. On all occasions assist in obtaining opportunities for the company to bid and secure further projects with a profitable potential.
- Where required lead or directly undertake/ contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Undertake (lead and/ or assist in) all relevant aspects of the companys negotiations leading to the successful award of packages of work within the Alliance.
- Ensure compliance with pre-commencement company procedures for allocated projects with respect to execution and completion, to ensure that the company liabilities and risks on the project are minimised.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project professional team, and other relevant decision-makers.
- Ensure delivery to programme, technical and quality requirements and the accuracy of progress/ cost reporting etc.
- Retains full Profit &Loss responsibility for work packages and ensures their economic success.
- Ensures the structure of their organisation and resources allocated are adequate to meet the project delivery requirements and company HSQE requirements.
- Establishes highly motivated high performing, success orientated teams to meet estimating, programme or project requirements.
- Derives project aims from the agreement, considering all deliverables and interested parties (stakeholders). e.g. costs, schedules, functions, engineering and programmes.
- Clearly defines overall concept of the project e.g. project overview, contract structure, detailed planning of individual works packages, resource planning, scheduling, project documentation, project organisation, interface management (to other Divisions and Groups, consortium partners and subcontractors etc.), structure and procedure of configuration management, procedures for construction, erection and commissioning, definition of measurement criteria and control data for the project etc.
- Defines procedures and requirements for quality management (inspection certificates, tests, acceptance, handover, handback etc.)
- Coaches/Mentors PM and operational staff and colleagues in their own teams and other projects as may be required.
- Continuous improvement of project management practices, procedures and instructions in line with Siemens values.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Extensive Project Management experience at a similar level within large multi-disciplinary or turnkey UK railway projects. (Essential)
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Electrical or Engineering degree qualified
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
- Has a good working knowledge programme software (e.g. P6e) and in the establishment and management of programmes.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, Rail Electrification and Edinburgh Tram.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Project Manager Rail Electrification
- Senior Project Manager Rail Electrification in York
- Senior Project Manager Rail Electrification in Yorkshire and the Humber
- Senior Project Manager Rail Electrification in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in York
- All jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Project Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Design Manager
- Electrical Engineering
- Construction Manager