Siemens Rail Automation is recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to be based in our Manchester office. This role will provide project engineering team leadership to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This will be achieved through the management of performance and the development of the team and will involve the coordination of all engineering disciplines within projects. The Senior Project Engineer will also be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on a large project or on a number of medium-sized projects.
- Support and assist the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Managers engineering representative on projects.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Act in the role of Contractors Engineering Manager or Contractors Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a teams performance.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;">The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, Rail Electrification and Edinburgh Tram.
<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ansi-language: EN-US;">Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Project Engineer Rail Signalling
- Senior Project Engineer Rail Signalling in Ashby de la Zouch
- Senior Project Engineer Rail Signalling in Leicestershire
- Senior Project Engineer Rail Signalling in East Midlands
- Senior Project Engineer Rail Signalling in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Ashby de la Zouch
- All jobs in Leicestershire
- All jobs in East Midlands
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Project Manager
- Project Engineer
- Commercial Manager
- Construction Manager