Supervision of railway signalling installation work undertaken by allocated staff and contractors.
What are my responsibilites?
- Organise and plan work to maximise utilisation of resources and ensure task record sheets are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Organise and control the work undertaken by allocated staff and contractors and ensure that it is carried out safely
- Responsible for managing the personal safety and administration of allocated staff and contractors
- Responsible for ensuring that tools and equipment are secure, in a good condition and are returned to the controlling organisation when not required
- Carry out safety and quality audits on SRA installation staff and agency subcontractors
- Responsible for the briefing of instructions to staff under control or allocated for such purpose
- Responsible for checking and certifying timesheets ensuring correct hour booking and appropriation
- Responsible for timekeeping and discipline of allocated staff
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experienced in Railway Signalling Installation (essential)
- IRSE Team Leader License (essential)
- ully conversant with current railway signalling installation practices (essential)
- Must hold current driving license and current PTS certificate (essential)
- Must be willing to travel and lodge away from home depot when required by operational circumstances (essential)
- COSS (essential)
- A1 assessor (essential)
The Siemens Infrastructure & Cities Sector with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Sector comprises the divisions Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.