Reporting to the Lead Design Manager:
Direct the activities of the teams to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customers specifications and timescales agreed. Check that the quality of output from the section is to the required standards and that target dates are achieved.
What are my responsibilities?
- Direct the preparation of technical details, signalling plans, estimates and working drawings for signalling works within the project team to meet laid down timescales and authorised budget constraints.
- Carry out independent checking of Signalling systems as required.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Provide functional support and guidance to the Lead Design Engineer(s) and others within the team on all aspects of Signal Design within allocated projects.
- Provide support and input to Project Manager and Project Engineers on allocated projects.
- Identify the required budget provision for allocated projects to enable sufficient financial authority to be gained.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to staff on technical, procedural and Handbook publications, including participation in relevant training.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Focus on individual and team development through the completion of annual performance appraisals, career reviews and through the management of poor performance.
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer on allocated projects as directed.
- Perform duties as directed by Management from time to time in connection with Signalling design activities.
- Carry out testing and commissioning of Signalling systems as instructed by more senior Engineers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- An Engineering Degree or HND/HNC minimum.
- Member of the IRSE, IET or other recognised Professional body.
- Ten years experience in all aspects of the design and implementation of Signalling Systems Engineering with particular emphasis on the preparation and checking of design plans and working details.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Good knowledge of Project Safety requirements.
- Good commercial awareness and knowledge of contract conditions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of task, time and people management.
- Holder of Personal Track Safety card
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Design Manager License, Signalling Principles Designer (A, B, D or E.) and Signalling Design Verifier.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer Status
- To have passed four modules of the IRSE Professional Examination.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Design Engineer Signalling
- Senior Design Engineer Signalling in Manchester
- Senior Design Engineer Signalling in Greater Manchester
- Senior Design Engineer Signalling in North West
- Senior Design Engineer Signalling in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Manchester
- All jobs in Greater Manchester
- All jobs in North West
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Project Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Design Manager
- Project Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Systems Engineer