Accountable for the technical, safety and performance issues associated with the fleet for which this position is responsible, leading the performance team ensuring that the fleet reaches its optimum reliability and availability levels. Provide a first point of contact for the customer for all technical areas. Ensure the fleet is fully compliant with all Rail industry regulations, standards and Siemens policies.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage the investigation and resolution of any safety, technical, or reliability issues relating to the fleet.
- Provide effective engineering solutions for technical issues in conjunction with commercial partners, as required.
- Develop approved engineering change procedures required to improve safety and technical performance issues.
- Responsible for completing a technical review of maintenance documentation and the impact of these changes on the maintenance process
- Manage the development of the vehicle maintenance manuals and regimes to incorporate benefits of technical improvements and maintenance enhancements.
- Identify and provide options for maintenance cost savings and revenue generating initiatives.
- Liaise with Technical Services Manager and Train Operators to provide technical information to technical queries, NIR and SRD investigations to the point of sign off.
- Planning and allocation of technical resources to meet current and future operational requirements.
- Liaise with the RL head office technical team, other relevant internal departments, and external parties, to achieve the objectives of the role.
- Through monitoring of performance, identify technical and maintenance opportunities to improve reliability and availability.
- Provide and develop KPI's for the technical performance of the fleet including performance forecast programmes.
- Manage the fleet reliability improvement planning and implementation
- Collaboration with internal and external customers to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Collaboration with Engineering team to maximise delivery of efficiency, quality and safety of the Engineering Organisation.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (PMP/4 Success objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.)
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team
- Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme and, where there is management responsibility, drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and Tell Us ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Depending on your site, you may also be required to cover one or more of the following activities:
- Implement and manage reliability centered maintenance and condition based maintenance activities
- Siemens has zero tolerance for safe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens:
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
In addition, where there is management responsibility;
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Engage with the HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering maintenance techniques, processes, reliability centered maintenance and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- People Management experience
- Collaboration skills
- Experience of project planning and planning tools
- Chartered Engineer or working to Chartered.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Similar Job Searches
- Rolling Stock Techical Manager
- Rolling Stock Techical Manager in Ashby de la Zouch
- Rolling Stock Techical Manager in Leicestershire
- Rolling Stock Techical Manager in East Midlands
- Rolling Stock Techical Manager in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Ashby de la Zouch
- All jobs in Leicestershire
- All jobs in East Midlands
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Rolling Stock
- Commercial Manager
- Project Engineer
- Site Manager
- Project Manager
- Site Engineer