Are you someone with a flair for mechanical design who is ready to take on a new contract position in 2017?
Ford and Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced contract mechanical design engineer to work on designing all types of moving parts for a great engineering business who supply into rail and other heavy industries.
The contract will see you designing a variety of moving, rotating and hydraulic parts, from drive systems to lever and linkage systems, in Solidworks 3D. You will be able to take on the responsibility of carrying out a range of design calculations and will also be able to check calculations provided by other engineers and supervise external suppliers or subcontractors and familiarity with FEA analysis would also be an advantage. As well as a comprehensive benefits scheme, the company also offers a defined route for progression for the right candidate.
Contract Length: 3 months +
Location: This position is based out of the client’s Sheffield office
Role and Responsibilities:
- Using 3D CAD packages specifically Solidworks to design a range of mechanical parts and systems to suit the client’s requirements
- Undertaking detailed design calculations and checking those performed by other engineers as well as utilising any MathCad and FEA skills you possess to aid your work
- Attending client meetings where necessary to gather the information you need and conducting design reviews with them
- Communicating effectively with other engineers, both internal and external, as well as clients and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in the design of a range of metal parts and systems and will preferably have designed machinery in a previous role. They will be proficient in the use of a 3D design package although preference will be given to applicants who use SolidWorks and are competent in MathCad. You will be good at communicating as this role will see you liaising with clients, suppliers and other engineers and will possess a real passion and enthusiasm for engineering and getting the best job done.
Qualifications: Ideally you will possess a degree in engineering, however applications candidates with an HND/HNC level qualification and suitable experience will also be considered.
Closing date: 4th November
Likely job titles: CAD Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Designer, Draughtsman
Similar Job Searches
- Contract Design Engineer
- Contract Design Engineer in Sheffield
- Contract Design Engineer in South Yorkshire
- Contract Design Engineer in Yorkshire and the Humber
- Contract Design Engineer in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Sheffield
- All jobs in South Yorkshire
- All jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Design Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Rail Engineer
- Recruitment Consultant
- Engineer Rail