Linbrooke deliver outstanding mission critical solutions in telecommunications, power and signalling predominantly in the rail, utilities and subsea environments. The telecommunications team provide professional engineering to support the whole project life cycle throughout the entirety of the rail sector. We specialise in operational telecommunications, digital transmission networks, European train control systems, station information and security systems (SISS) and driver only operation (DOO) systems as well as the delivery of terrestrial radio transmission networks and subsea transmission networks.
We are looking for graduate engineers to join our successful engineering team in Sheffield or Manchester. Over the course of a 2 year training programme you will gain exposure to all aspects of the business gaining valuable knowledge and experience leading to an Engineer position.
MANCHESTER AND SHEFFIELD LOCATIONS
The purpose of this roles is:
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical and engineering tasks associated with a particular project in accordance with agreed quality, budget and timescale constraints.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and salely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Implement processes and procedures descirbed within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects/ bids.
- Support the prepartion of technical, cost and programme information to support projects/ bids.
- Support the preparation of bills of quantities/ materials requests as necessary.
- Support in the preparation of simple designs to support projects/ bids including spreadsheets jumpering schedules and layout schematics.
- Assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety/ quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Assist with test and commissioning activities under instruction from the PICOT.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving Licence.
- Understanding of aspects of telecoms engineering as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Basic understanding and appreciation of system design, development of system desgn, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.
Similar Job Searches
- Graduate Engineers Telecommunications
- Graduate Engineers Telecommunications in Sheffield
- Graduate Engineers Telecommunications in South Yorkshire
- Graduate Engineers Telecommunications in Yorkshire and the Humber
- Graduate Engineers Telecommunications in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Sheffield
- All jobs in South Yorkshire
- All jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- signalling Design Engineer
- Train Driver
- Systems Engineer