My Rail client is looking for a Senior Civil Rail Engineer to join their growing team in Birmingham.
The role will entail:
• Achieve the targets regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards, within agreed timescales and budgets
• Monitor team performance against project quality plans and take necessary corrective action.
• Lead teams formed to deliver projects, ensuring commitments are delivered
• Lead projects on behalf of clients as directed
• Assist in the development of staff to ensure the skills are available within the B&I team to meet business objectives.
• Supervise training and competency of engineers, graduates and technicians
• Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations
• Any other duties as required
Knowledge + Skills Required:
• Chartered Civil Engineer with CRE Rail Civils Experience
• Capable of running projects and delivering to the timescales required within budget on Rail projects such as New Stations, Platform Extensions & Electrification related Rail Projects
• Drive for Results - Is passionate about and perseveres in the pursuit of challenging stretch goals. Demonstrates energy, drive and enthusiasm when striving to accomplish and improve results.
• Customer First - Driven by the need to understand and meet the expectations / requirements of customers, both internally and externally. Proactively builds strong relationships across the customer network. Personally builds / maintains strong relationships across the customer network.
• Problem Solving & Decision Making -Defines problems, systematically gathers and analyses data, identifies cause & effects and establishes root causes & achievable solutions. Makes good and timely decisions.
• Interpersonal Effectiveness - Flexible use of accomplished interpersonal behaviours that facilitate in building trust and engagement amongst others whilst reducing the opportunity for conflict. Willing and able to handle difficult conversations in a positive manner
• Learning, Innovation & Excellence - Recognises own behaviour, emotions and thoughts and their effects on self and others. Has a quest for knowledge; demonstrates curiosity to learn. Uses external contacts to maximize the flow of ideas into the company.
• Vision & Purpose - Understands and shares the larger purpose of the organisation. Collaborates with others to orchestrate cross team working to achieve optimal results. Aligns the company’s aspirations with the personal goals of employees.
• Corporate & Social Responsibility - Recognises the value of and takes ownership for communicating targets, progress and results. Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place. Acts responsibly in considering the local environment and wider community.
• Coaching, Mentoring & Development - Creates a climate and support framework which enables individuals to learn and develop. Acts as a coach and mentor. Provides constructive feedback to support development. Recognises individual potential and provides appropriate opportunities for development.
• Managing Change - Develops a clear road map and provides time and resources to lead and implement change. Change initiatives. Builds business processes and thinks systematically.
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Rail Civil Engineer
- Senior Rail Civil Engineer in Birmingham
- Senior Rail Civil Engineer in West Midlands
- Senior Rail Civil Engineer in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Birmingham
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Network Rail
- Civil Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Rail Engineer
- Senior Project Engineer
- Senior Engineer