Are you looking for the opportunity to add to the growth of a specialist supplier in the Rail sector, and with a track record of expertise which extends to over 20 years ?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a fully qualified Welding Engineer to take over the role to achieve the high level of customer service already achieved.
In anticipation of new demand for services the client is seeking to recruit a European Chartered Welding Engineer with 3+ years of recent experience. This will include an appreciation of the specification of metallurgical requirements in a fabrication and welding repair facility.
The primary responsibility is to develop technical responses to enquiries, liaise with our welding operations to generate specifications and implement.
The role also has administrative responsibilities. You will be responsible for documenting all welding work performed, including completing works orders and/or preparing technical reports.
You will be expected to participate in final walk-throughs with customers.
Location : The position is South Yorkshire based .
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review project specifications for welding process, base metals, filler metals, heat treatment, and NDT requirements; select appropriate WPS, and if required, qualify a new WPS.
- Submit material and process selection recommendations to ensure attainment for design objectives and service application.
- Develop technical procedures to support customer specifications and best practices
- Review and advise the Engineering Director of potential materials, welding, heat treatment, or NDT problems.
- Support the development of new WPS/PQR when required.
- Develop welding procedure data sheets when new WPSs are qualified.
- Submit the selected WPS(s) and supporting PQR(s), welder qualification records, and any additional information (e.g., weld maps, additional NDT or inspection, cost exceptions, etc.) to the Engineering Director for approval.
- Periodic reviews of the company's welding practices, as related to standards.
This position will require a high level of commitment together with the ability not to lose sight of longer-term objectives as communicated by the company.
The ability to affect and accommodate change will be pivotal to the success of the role as will the ability to stay positive within a fast paced environment.
Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- European Chartered Welding Engineer
- Minimum of 3 years welding related experience, including welding metallurgy experience, in a fabrication or repair facility is required, although 5+ years of experience is preferred. An added bonus would be experience within the field of corrosion and its repair.
- A good level of English spelling and grammar.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Apply Now - Ford & Stanley
Likely Job Titles: Welding Technologist, Welding Engineer, Materials Engineer, Metallurgist, Corrosion Engineer