Reporting to the EHS&S Manager, this will role will assist in the planning, co-ordination and performance of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental activities required by legislation, company standards the customer requirement. This includes from the project tender through to the post commissioning phases and to the project close out.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for the EHS&S programmes and ensuring communication, awareness, implementation of EHS&S standards & procedures within their designated area
- Work closely with Project teams in their delivery of Environmental, Health and Safety duties & compliance
- Build solid professional relationships with the clients & other contractors HSE team on projects
- Provide adequate support to risk assessment, work package plans, briefing notes and EHS site induction
- Provide advice & guidance on welfare, fire safety & first aid
- Provide advice & guidance in the preparation of Environmental Management documentation. Support any Environmental meetings and any actions arising
- Support or lead any accident or incident investigation as required. Review all accident & incident reports with management and ensure any actions arising are communicated and implemented
- Ensure swift communications of any Hazards, potential unsafe conditions to the project and escalate as need be
- Strongly support and complete EHS inspections of the workplace. Drive cultural monitoring activities in the business and seek opportunities to mentor. Ensure correct reporting and recording is completed
- Plan & deliver Audits and ensure any actions are chased up to completion
- Provide EHS training and mentoring as required
- Support any plans and documentation for Emergency planning (control of potential safety and environmental emergencies)
- Provide guidance on Occupational Health and work with our Occupational Health team on any campaigns
- Ensure reporting of the Project KPIs to the company and client
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience in the railway environment with particular reference to on track safety where Overhead Line Equipment (OLE) and 3rd rail direct current equipment (3rd Rail DC) installations are present and the monitoring of multi-activity work sites
- Working towards Chartered Membership of relevant OSH professional body
- NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ 4 or an equivalent relevant to the role
- Actively engaged in CPD with a relevant professional body
- Working towards associate membership of a recognised environmental professional body
- Fully established in a specific area of EHS with sound understanding of others
- Experienced in Audit preparation and delivery
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Similar Job Searches
- EHS Specialist
- EHS Specialist in Newport
- EHS Specialist in Wales
- EHS Specialist in Wales, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Newport
- All jobs in Wales
- All jobs in Wales, United Kingdom
- Site Manager
- Project Manager
- Health and Safety
- Scheme Project Manager
- Safety Manager
- Project Manager Rail