Stores Coordinator - Siemens Rail Systems Southampton
Siemens Rail Systems currently have a vacancy for a Stores Coordinator on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract in a busy stores environment to ensure that the stores operation meets the requirement of the production plan based from Northam, Southampton.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitor and report on materials and order status
- Receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Stock Checking
- Update materials database
- Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Counterbalance Forklift Operation
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Proven experience in a hands on stores position.
- Should hold a recognised qualification associated with stores operation or have relevant equivalent experience.
- Team player.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Basic engineering knowledge within Rail, Automotive or Aerospace environment would be advantageous.
- Prepared to undertake shift work including working nights and weekends as part of team rotation.
You will be committed, self motivated, will be able to demonstrate that they work well within a team and have a flexible attitude towards their work.
In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, shift allowance, overtime, pension, flexible benefits scheme, bonus, and discounted health care.
Siemens Rail Systems business is a world-renowned producer of rail technology. In the UK, Siemens provides and maintains passenger trains for First TransPennine Express, South West Trains, Heathrow Express, Greater Anglia, Northern Trains, London Midland and ScotRail.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.