The role will be responsible to engineer new solutions or modify existing power distribution systems at 650/415 & 110 volts in support of the safe implementation of railway signalling projects as directed by the Project Engineering Manager. This role will be based in Birmingham, supporting regional projects.
- Monitor Progress of works and ensure that the design, construction and testing targets are met and effective remedial action on power distribution systems as instructed by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Direct the preparation of contract specifications for major signaling projects, evaluate quality and accuracy of tenders in regard to power distribution systems
- Undertake work Package management duties for signalling power and other plant items as required by the project including management of sub contractors.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of power distribution system design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to local power engineering team.
- Assist project teams with the delivery of power distribution systems at 650/400V and 110V for the safe implementation of signalling systems.
- Preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems.
- Provide training and briefings to signalling staff.
- Undertake Contractors responsible Engineer (CRE) for Network Rail projects.
- Attend meetings with Client and co-ordinate actions to deliver the project to programme and budget.
- Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation, company procedures including development of Project Safety plan
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles,
- Understanding of the principles relating to the statutory binding Electricity at Work Regulations,
- Experience of Low Voltage distribution systems (design, installation and testing practices),
- Experience of designing power distribution systems to BS7671 Requirements for electrical installations IEE Wiring Regulation.
- Experience of managing Sub-contractors.
- PC skills.
- Good communications and time management skills.
- Understanding of traditional 650V IT systems for signalling power supplies.
- Understanding of redundant backup power supply systems.
- Working knowledge of Network Rail and British/European Standards.
- Experience of Factory acceptance testing and Site acceptance testing of electrical systems.
- Previous experience as CRE on Network Rail projects.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Chartered Engineer or demonstration of progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Engineering degree
- Qualified to inspect and test electrical installations in accordance with City and Guilds 2391.
- Knowledge of LUL Standards
- Familiarity with supervision, control and monitoring systems, e.g. SCADA, as used with power systems.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, Rail Electrification and Edinburgh Tram.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Similar Job Searches
- E P Package Manager CRE 1
- E P Package Manager CRE 1 in Ashby de la Zouch
- E P Package Manager CRE 1 in Leicestershire
- E P Package Manager CRE 1 in East Midlands
- E P Package Manager CRE 1 in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Ashby de la Zouch
- All jobs in Leicestershire
- All jobs in East Midlands
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Network Rail
- Project Manager
- Site Manager
- Construction Manager
- Design Manager
- Systems Engineer