As part of the Rail Electrification Business the Engineering Manager Testing & Commissioning has responsibility for developing and implementing the testing engineering strategy to ensure its successful delivery on behalf of Siemens.
The Engineering Manager will head the engineering organisation either within the business or within an alliance environment coordinating with the project management and commercial management leads and with external engineering stakeholders.
The business or alliance will act as a matrix organisation with all engineering posts, including design, engineering and test and commissioning, functionally reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the engineering strategy and establishing and communicating the necessary engineering organisation, process and procedures required to deliver the strategy.
The Engineering Manager will have a leading interface between the customer and Siemens.
- Delivery of testing and commissioning activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Responsible for planning and controlling testing and commissioning activities ensuring optimum use of resources.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is conducted safely and to the required legal, contractual and Siemens Rail Electrification standards and procedures.
- Provide, maintain and co-ordinate test facilities.
- Secure signed off test certification from the customer.
- Provide testing and commissioning input to bids.
- Accurately estimating cost, resources, programme and risk for testing and commissioning activities.
- Build success-orientated testing and commissioning teams.
- Monitor programme and spend of any contractors, as appropriate.
- Conduct sub-contractor Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Build success-orientated testing and commissioning teams
- Establishes highly motivated high performing, success orientated engineering and design teams to meet the overall project/programme/alliance requirements
- Provide leadership for the engineering and design function that covers multi-discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for projects/programmes
- Ensures the structure of their organisation and resources recruited or allocated are adequate to meet the engineering requirements
- Ensure all within the engineering organisation have clear roles and responsibilities
- Planning, co-ordination and management of engineering resources, people and facilities
- Responsible for ensuring the review of changes to engineering Railway Group and Network Rail Company Standards and briefing changes
- Responsible for engineering procedures, processes and process improvement
- Defines procedures and requirements for quality management (inspection certificates, tests, acceptance, handover, handback etc.)
- Continuous improvement of engineering management practices, procedures and instructions in line with Siemens and alliance values
- Responsible for ensuring Verification and Validation of all engineering practices
- Promote technical excellence and innovation to optimise safe and efficient design and delivery, whilst leading the process of identifying and realising Value Engineering opportunities on projects/ programmes/alliances
- Ensure all engineering documentation is provided in a timely manner to support the delivery programme
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong leadership and motivational skills preferably in a testing & commissioning acrtivites in rail industry
- Experience at a similar level within large multi-disciplinary or turnkey railway construction projects
- In depth knowledge of Network Rail Engineering Standards and Group Standards
- Electrical Engineering degree level qualifications & experience
- Member of a professional institution
- Proven safety management knowledge, including CDM requirements and managing risk through design
- Proven strong organisational, collaborative and leadership experience and capability
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness with a good appreciation of contractual, commercial issues associated with design and engineering
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management
- Good communication and inter personal skills and be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, Rail Electrification and Edinburgh Tram.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Similar Job Searches
- Engineering Manager Rail Electrification ( Testing Commissioning)
- Engineering Manager Rail Electrification ( Testing Commissioning) in Ashby de la Zouch
- Engineering Manager Rail Electrification ( Testing Commissioning) in Leicestershire
- Engineering Manager Rail Electrification ( Testing Commissioning) in East Midlands
- Engineering Manager Rail Electrification ( Testing Commissioning) in England